I really laughed a lot as I wrote yesterday's post about my social struggles with girls. In fact, I discovered this video on YouTube several months back, and felt a lot better about my own shortcomings once I'd watched it. It's become a favourite, which I've shown to the Midgley boys, my students and a few ex-girlfriends ...
Mad TV - Can I Have Your Number
One of those I "dated" (for want of a better word) for a long, long, long time, a certain Wendy Waterston (who happens to know me as well as anyone, and who became a very good friend once we broke up), had this to say: "Hey chap, this guy is totally not like you - your moves are much less subtle ... Ha Ha. He gave up so quickly - you would never have surrendered, that's what makes you so special, 'ey."
I've used it to show my students what not to do around girls, and the Midgley boys love to quote various parts of it. A few months ago Evan fell backwards off the bath, cutting his head quite badly. He was taken to a doctor who superglued it closed. (Yes, that's apparently what they do now.)

What the heck?!? You put my full-blown name on your blog while I'm ripping you off! It's very personal when I tear you to shreds - I don't want everyone to know I'm doing the tearing!!!
ReplyDeleteTearing? How is that 'tear' pronounced? Don't cry for Rob, Wedoleenah (sung to a familiar tune that dates me a little... closer to Rob's era)
ReplyDeleteI would agree. The back of his head is ridiculous! Poor thing! You're having way too much fun with the memories... And anti-Valentine's Day? Where's the love? I never.
ReplyDeleteOf course my comment is meant to read 'Wendoleenah'.
ReplyDelete